Ordering Info & More
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT SIZE TO BUY?
WE SPECIALIZE IN THE “HARD TO FIT” TANDEM TEAM
A quick and simple method of measuring the captain and stoker is to stand with your back against the wall with your shoes on; separate your legs about 6 inches; take a book and place it between your legs tight up to your crotch. Measure from the top of the book to the floor. You now have your stand-over height. Do the same with your partner. Selection of a tandem is similar to a single bike. Your stand-over should exceed the top tube at your position on the tandem by no more or less than 1 1/2 inches. Most bikes have an eleven inch bottom bracket height. Subtract 11 inches from your stand-over and you have the proper size for your team.
Two other helpful measures we like to know are your shoe sizes, plus the distance from the back of your elbow to the front of your fingertip. Bend your arm into the shape of the letter L; let your partner measure from the very back of the elbow to the front of your longest finger. This helps establish stem lengths.
CUSTOM FITTINGS CAN BE SET UP BY APPOINTMENT
Deposit & Payment Information
- We require a 50% deposit on all tandems that are not in stock and must be ordered.
- Allow 10-12 weeks for most tandems not in stock.
- All tandems must be paid in full before we ship to you. We ship all tandems by motor carrier.
- We accept money orders, personal checks, and C.O.D. orders for all items listed in our catalog and on this website.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover as well as PayPal. Orders must be over $20.
- Prices in our catalog and on this website are subject to change without notice. Please check availability of all parts and tandems before ordering.
Larger Items Including Complete Bikes and Frames
- All tandems must be paid in full before we ship to you.
- We ship all tandems by motor carrier.
- Motor carriers generally deliver to businesses with loading docks and will offer the cheapest rates for this kind of delivery. Freight companies may charge additional fees for “residential delivery”, “lift-gate delivery”, and “inside delivery”.
- We guarantee a $225 maximum cost to ship anywhere in the lower 48 States.
- All tandems are professionally packed prior to shipping.
- You, the purchaser, are responsible for freight charges from Tandems East to the final destination.
- You have the option to prepay freight costs prior to delivery. This will help minimize the charges.
- We ship complete bikes worldwide with moderate rates.
Smaller Items Including Parts and Accessories
- We generally use the U.S. Post Office to ship parts and have found it to be reliable and inexpensive.
- No C.O.D. Shipments
- Add shipping charges to ALL parts orders.
- We ship parts worldwide with moderate rates.
Sales Tax Information
We are located in a 3.5% sales tax enterprise zone when purchases are made at our location. All NJ residents are subject to 7% sales tax when receiving goods by mail or freight.
All returns must be authorized to receive credit. Please contact us for a return authorization number. Credit will not be issued without a return authorization number.
Since we continually add items to our inventory, please feel free to call and ask questions about parts not listed in our catalog or on this website. Come visit our new showroom, we have over 80 standard and recumbent tandems in stock, in many sizes and styles. Our shop is located in a rural area with good roads for extended test rides. Please call for your personal appointment so that we can demonstrate the specifics of tandem riding.
Call or email any time for advice or your tandem-related questions.
Free test rides by appointment.
Call us at 856-451-5104
email us at email@example.com
The best hours to reach us by phone (856-451-5104) are:
Monday through Thursday 6pm to 10pm EST
Saturday 8am to 5pm
We are also closed Fridays (this is date night)
You can always leave a message.
Where are we? We are located 40 miles west of Atlantic City, 40 miles south of Philadelphia, and 3 miles west of Vineland, New Jersey. Please call ahead for an appointment. Sunday hours by appointment only.
86 Gwynwood Drive
Pittsgrove, NJ 08318